A hardware wallet is a special type of Bitcoin Wallet which stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device.
They have major advantages over standard software wallets:
- Private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext
- Immune to computer viruses that steal from software wallets
- Can be used securely and interactively, as opposed to a paper wallet, which must be imported to software at some point
- Much of the time, the software is open source, allowing a user to validate the entire operation of the device
Here are two of the best Hardware Wallets to store your Bitcoins and other Cryptocurrencies. Ledger & Trezor are the two biggest Hardware Wallet companies.
1. Ledger Wallet : https://www.ledgerwallet.com/
The Ledger Nano S is a cryptocurrency hardware wallet that comes in the shape of a USB drive. It’s designed with robust safety features in mind and is excellent at storing digital assets and providing a safe way to execute digital payments. Ledger is compatible with any modern-day computer.
Ledger Wallet have 2 different Hardware Wallets :
- Ledger Nano S - 65$ (69€ for most european countries) : It's a Bitcoin, Ethereum and Altcoins hardware wallet, based on robust safety features for storing cryptographic assets and securing digital payments. The Nano S is little (size of a USB stick) and very easy to use.
- Ledger Blue - 265$ (274€ for most european countries) : Ledger Blue is the most advanced hardware security gear on the market. It boasts multi application execution, and packs enterprise-level crypto-capabilities into a lightweight handheld device.
With Ledger you can use : Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash / Ethereum / Ethereum Classic / Litecoin / Dash / Dogecoin / Zcash / Ripple / Stratis / Komodo / PoSW / ARK / Ubiq / Expanse / PIVX / Vertcoin / Viacoin
2. Trezor Wallet : https://shop.trezor.io/
Trezor is an offline bitcoin wallet designed to help users keep their cryptocurrency within arm’s reach and extremely secure. It operates as a very secure cold storage device, meaning it is always offline. However, it provides great flexibility and connectivity when the need to trade or exchange cryptocurrencies comes. It’s noted by many to be the most trusted and secure way to store bitcoins.
The cost for a Trezor Black Wallet is 99$ (89€).
On Trezor you can keep multiple cryptocurrencies :
- Supported by wallet.trezor.io : Bitcoin / Bitcoin Cash / Litecoin / Dash / Zcash
- Supported by MyEtherWallet : Ethereum / Ethereum Classic / Expanse / All ERC2O Tokens
This information is so useful and informative which you have shared here. It is beneficial for beginners to develop their knowledge. It is very gainful information. Thanks for sharing linzhi phoenix.ReplyDelete